CalendarHero users are now able to mark multiple invitees as VIP to denote their importance in attending a group meeting. Marking an invitee as "VIP" in a group meeting will ensure the meeting doesn't happen without them. There is now also the option to mark all invitees as "VIP." In this case, CalendarHero will wait until all invitees have selected suggested times, and considers only the suggested times provided.
- Multiple VIPs can be selected per meeting or all can be marked as VIP.
- Marking a VIP in a 1:1 meeting will have no impact, so the VIP feature is only available for group meetings (more than 1 invitee).
- The invitee(s) marked as VIP must select a time (or be available to meet if CalendarHero already knows their availability) for the meeting to go forward. While CalendarHero already weighs external invitees higher than internal colleagues as part of the group algorithm, marking an invitee as "VIP" will give them even greater weight.
- If any VIP invitee declines the meeting then the meeting can NOT go forward.
- To avoid this we recommend that you do not severely limit the meeting time frame - to give your VIP(s) more opportunity to find a time that works for them based on your availability.
- If any VIP declines the meeting, then the meeting creator will be notified so that they can decide the next steps (e.g. they may choose to cancel or reschedule).
Marking an invitee as VIP
To mark a user as a VIP simply go to the CalendarHero web scheduler and click on the empty VIP star icon. When it turns orange this marks this invitee as a VIP. You may do this with multiple VIPs or you may select the "Mark all as VIP" toggle in the top right.
- Currently, users can only mark invitees as VIPs using the web app scheduler. This feature is not currently available on our chat platforms.