CalendarHero supports both traditional meeting requests and on-demand 1:1 meetings scheduled via a personal scheduling link.
Your Personal Scheduling link is a public URL that you can share with anyone to easily book a meeting with you! Add this self-scheduling option to an email, share it via SMS or chat, or integrate it with your web lead forms.
Note: The free Basic plan is subject to scheduling link limitations: View Basic Plan Limitations. Professional and Team plan users can enjoy unlimited scheduling links and custom meeting types: Compare Plans
Customizing your Scheduling Link
View and customize your Personal Scheduling link under Meeting Types. Each meeting type has its own link, allowing the settings for each type to automatically be applied to the associated scheduling link. This makes it easy to have one link for 30min discovery calls, another one for 2-hour on-site interviews, and another for standard 1-hour training sessions.
All scheduling links start with https://calendarhero.to/ -- and end with the custom name that you enter.
If you don't enter a custom scheduling link when creating a new meeting type then CalendarHero will automatically generate a unique one for you. This will be in the format of (meetingtype)(yourName)(unique-numbers). All pre-configured meeting types also have a default personal scheduling link. You can always choose to customize one of the default scheduling links with a unique code of your own choosing.
Custom naming tips:
- The name at the end of the link must be unique - meaning it can't be in use by another CalendarHero user. You also cannot reuse the same unique code across different meeting types.
- If you do enter a name that is already in use by someone else (or one already used by another of your meeting types) you will see an error and will need to correct it before you can save.
Updating your scheduling link: You can update your link name at any time but it's important to know that if you do so, the original customized short link will no longer work (although the actual long link it refers to will). Once you give up a URL someone else could also now claim it. Meetings you previously booked with the old URL will not be impacted.
TIP! We highly recommend setting Lead Time if you are using the personal scheduling link - to avoid being caught off guard with a last-minute meeting.
Sharing your Scheduling Link
To use your personal scheduling link simply copy and share. It's easy to send your personal scheduling link to your clients or prospects - simply copy it and then drop it in an email, or even add it to your email signature so prospects can schedule time with you as needed.
Once invitees click the link and arrive on your scheduling page, they'll be able to select the time that works best for them based on your availability.
Here are a few ideas on how to use your scheduling link:
- Add it to the body of an email - so the email recipient can easily schedule a meeting with you. Our Gmail Add makes this easy!
- Add it to your email signature - so any email recipient/outbound leads can book time with you
- Add it to a web form - and use CalendarHero to book all your demos or discovery calls
- Share via SMS/LinkedIn or on your favorite chat platform
Clicking on your personal scheduling link will take the invitee to your personal scheduling page. There they can easily select a time that works for them, based on your availability (from your synced calendars) and meeting-type settings. Remember we don't share the personal details of your schedule, we just show the time slots when you are free. This scheduling page includes details such as the meeting title, the meeting duration, and the location.
Once a time is selected the invitee will be prompted the provide their name and email address. This is required so you know who is booking a meeting with you - and so CalendarHero can send the attendee the meeting calendar invite once they select a time. Any optional invitee questions or payment will also be collected.
Want to Auto-Populate the Name/Email? Scroll down to 'Advanced Options' below.
Invitees can add Guests:
Not sure if your client needs to add a guest on their end? Meeting Creators can allow their invitees to easily Add Guests. When this setting is enabled (by the meeting creator from the associated Meeting Type) an "Add Guests" option will appear as an option. When checked invitees can invite other guests by simply entering their email addresses. Guests will be asked to suggest times.
If other guests are added, CalendarHero will automatically send an invite to those guests and add them as attendees. The meeting creator will also be notified if guests have been added, so they are aware a group meeting is in progress. This is a convenient way to ensure all stakeholders on your client's or prospects' side are included in the meeting!
Don't want your invitees to invite others? This option is enabled by default on all Meeting Types but can be turned off by the Meeting Creator.
Once an invitee selects a time we then send both you and the invitee a calendar invite. We also notify you (using your preferred notification message - email or chat), and confirm the details with the invitee by sending an email confirmation. It's that easy!
Basic Plan Limitations
CalendarHero Basic (free) users are subject to the following personal scheduling link restrictions:
Only 1 link per Basic Plan
- Personal scheduling links are only available for the default Meeting Type. Users must upgrade to access scheduling links for other meeting types or to create custom meeting types.
- There is no restriction to the amount of meetings you can book with the personal scheduling link but users will be restricted to 5 meetings scheduled through the Web App.
Short "friendly" scheduling links will expire on the Basic Plan. Full scheduling links will not.
- Short links for the default meeting type will expire after 2 weeks (from when the link was created). Users can generate a new short link by opening and resaving their default meeting type.
- When the short link is clicked it unfurls and takes invitees to the full scheduling link. The full URL will always stay the same and will NOT expire.
- If you have concerns about short link expiry we recommend only sharing the full scheduling link or upgrading to a Pro or Team plan to enjoy unlimited scheduling links and custom meeting types.
Auto-Populate Name / Email
Want to pass information from a lead form to pre-fill your prospect's CalendarHero scheduling page?
When you share your CalendarHero scheduling link with an invitee or post the link on your website, you can have CalendarHero automatically display information that's specific to your invitee - such as their name and email. This saves your invitee from once again filling in this information.
You can customize your scheduling link to pre-populate the invitee's name and email by adding these values to the URL, for example:
You may also include a form on your website that will take invitees to the CalendarHero scheduling page with their name and email pre-populated, for example: